Several types of yoga are offered at The Healing Space of Cincinnati, including Kids’ Yoga, Kundalini Yoga and Yoga Therapy Please see below for a description of Kid’s Yoga.
For further information about Kundalini Yoga and Yoga Therapy, please click on the link to:
Kid’s Yoga w/ Ms. Larita integrates storytelling, games, music, language, and art to engage the whole child. Kids learn best when they are having fun.Therefore, Kid’s Yoga classes allow the children to learn in a multi-sensory environment that explores kinesthetic, visual, aural, inter and intra personal learning. It is a FUN class that children enjoy and parents appreciate!
Highlights of the class include:
- Creative techniques to do breath work
• Yoga art projects
• Thai massage
• Short stories
• Props to bring the Yoga adventure to life
• Partner yoga
• Essential oils
• Healthy eating
Students come together at the beginning of the class and sit in a circle. From there the class structure looks something like this:
- Focus Activity: something that will invite everyone to the circle and grab their attention
- Yoga Poses: engaging ways to explore yoga poses with the use of props and lots of songs
- Something FUN: a FUN yoga, breathing, or other game to create more unity in the class
- Quiet Time: this concludes the class and may include guided imagery or a thai massage
Kid’s Yoga for 3-5 year olds runs 30 minutes and for 6-9 year olds runs 45 minutes.