Several types of yoga classes are offered at The Healing Space of Cincinnati, including Fertility Yoga, Kids’ Yoga, Kundalini Yoga and Yoga Therapy. Descriptions of Fertility Yoga and Kid’s Yoga classes are below.
For further information about Kundalini Yoga and Yoga Therapy, please click on the links to:
Yoga for Fertility helps prepare your body for a successful conception and pregnancy. This class is designed to support women who are trying to conceive, either naturally or through assisted reproductive technology. Yoga for Fertility uses specific yoga postures and practices to stimulate and tone the reproductive system, enhance the flow of energy and circulation through the body, and balance hormone levels.
Benefits of Fertility Yoga:
- Increase circulation to the reproductive system.
- Reduce stress.
- Balance hormone levels.
- Support a healthy immune system.
- Bring peace, ease, comfort & vitality to your conception journey.
- Find support with others who share your intentions.
TBD – please contact Danisha if you are interested
Kids love to run around and play. They also need to learn how to quiet their bodies and be aware of their surroundings including their own bodies and feelings! Yoga helps do just that in a fun way.
This class is open to kids ages 5 through 4th graders. Kara Benken Garrod will be leading the class and Larita Hayden will be assisting.
TBD – please contact Larita if you are interested
Donations to The Healing Space of Cincinnati are welcomed
Yoga Adventures for 3-5 year olds
Yoga Adventures integrates storytelling, games, music, language, and art to engage the whole child. Children learn best when they are having fun. Kid’s Yoga classes allow the children to learn in a multi-sensory environment that explores kinesthetic, visual, aural, inter and intra personal learning. It is a FUN class that children enjoy and parents appreciate!
Highlights of the class include:
- Creative techniques to do breath work
- Yoga art projects
- Thai massage
- Short stories
- Props to bring the Yoga adventure to life
- Partner yoga
Students come together at the beginning of the class and sit in a circle. From there the class structure looks something like this:
- Focus Activity: something that will invite everyone to the circle and grab their attention
- Yoga Poses: engaging ways to explore yoga poses with the use of props and lots of songs
- Something FUN: a FUN yoga, breathing, or other game to create more unity in the class
- Quiet Time: this concludes the class and may include guided imagery or a thai massage
TBD: please contact Larita if interested.
$45 Early Bird Discount and $50 afterwards