This week-long course, hosted by Certified Connected Kids tutor and mindfulness coach, Renee Groenemann, will help 10-13-year-olds:
- Learn what meditation is and why they (and so many people!) want to practice it.
- Recognize emotions and practice emotional calming skills.
Recognize the early onset of stress–the earlier it’s recognized, the easier to beat it!
- Name the way they “do” stress–their physical and emotional responses.
- Identify the things that stress them out and develop a plan to cope.
- Practice quick turn-around techniques for challenging situations, like test-anxiety or difficulties with friends.
- Learn several basic relaxation and meditation skills and develop a regular practice.
- Learn about how the brain works.
- Learn how to shift focus to stop anxious or repetitive thoughts.
- Experience the clearness of mind that comes with meditative calm.
- Discover their basic motivation to continue their meditation practice.
June 17-21, 2019: 10-11am daily
$120 per week
Pre-registration required by one week before program start date listed above. Minimum enrollment 6 children for camp to meet. Maximum enrollment 10. Contact Renee (mindfulness coach) email@example.com or 513.289.6759 for questions and registration.