Yoga Therapy Classes
Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy (PRYT) is a practice of Embodied Mindfulness. Clients stretch while engaging in explorative, mindfulness-based dialogue. This process lays a foundation for translating the insights generated into practical and supportive, life-changing action.
Join us for our next series:
Zapped to Zen: Serious Self Care for World Changers and Caregivers
8-week mindfulness training and stress reset.
Ever feel like you’ve got zero left to give, yet you muscle on because there’s important things to be done in this world (and you’re THE ONE to make things happen!)? Ever feel like self-care is just one more should on a very full plate?
You don’t need to add one more thing, you need to learn how to create intentional space to BE between all your DOs. You need to listen deeply to what your body and Spirit(ed) self yearn for. You need 8 weeks dedicated to forming new, life-changing habits. You need to go from Zapped to Zen! Your life will never be the same. I promise–mine isn’t!
Thematic 8-Week Approach;
Week One—Befriending the Body/Body as Team Player
Week Two—Developing Awareness
Week Three—Practicing Acceptance
Retreat Weekend—Cultivating Relation to Self and Purpose (6 hour retreat day)
Week Six—Discovering Personal Truth
Week Seven—Acting on Truth
• Practices build resiliency to stress and change
• Mindfulness practices are research-based practices found to:
o Address the symptoms of PTSD and trauma-related symptoms
(50% of PTSD sufferers also suffer chronic pain)
o Reduce the experience of pain
o Stop stress headaches, IBS, and other patterned body stress responses
o Reduce anxiety and improve sleep patterns
• Embodied mindfulness, the practice of experiencing mindfulness through body awareness, is demonstrated to accelerate change due to engagement of body memory in the process and unique ability to tap into the fight or flight response of the animal brain
• Phoenix Rising Groups are used as/with:
o childbirth trauma
o standard protocol in oncology units
o weight loss and dietary change programs & eating disorders
o trauma recovery
o corporate executives and peak performance
The 8-week format creates a foundation for permanent lifestyle change through formation of new and mindful habits
Offered approximately 3 time/year as an 8 week series, plus a weekend retreat.
The next scheduled class is TBD – please contact Renee if you are interested.
$500 for 8 week series and full day retreat
- Take an extra $75 off by registering early
- Healthcare workers, therapists, and healers, call for your special discount to kick burnout to the corner!
- Call to inquire about scholarships available for those with need