Specifically, all Holistic Nursing practice incorporates active listening and holding space:
- Active listening offers an opportunity for you to verbalize your thoughts, feelings, and goals. Varied communication skills, and intuition promote your ability to clarify priorities, release over reactive emotions, and explore options.
- Holding space is a compassionate outreach that offers an open hearted “presence,” by walking alongside you while you learn to navigate a challenge. It is a dynamic process, which balances creating the emotional safety necessary for you to discover your inner wisdom with discernment about when to offer specialized knowledge.
In addition, many Holistic Nurses develop specialized skills for intentionally facilitating integration of body, mind and spirit through the use of holistic healing techniques. All of the Holistic Nurses at The Healing Space offer these specialized skills. This breadth of knowledge equips Holistic Nurses to offer flexible options for promoting health.
Benefits of working with a Holistic Nurse include:
- developing new insights
- discerning your priorities
- learning tools for self care
- selecting specific healing methods targeted for your priorities